Have you ever wondered about life after death? Or where you will spend eternity?
These are concerns that most people wonder about at some time or another. But did you know that you can know for sure that you have eternal life and will spend eternity with God in heaven?
The Bible speaks very clearly about such things.
1. All people are sinners. The Bible says, “…all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” (Romans 3:23). The Bible also says “No one is good—except God alone” (Mark 10:18). And one other verse says “All our righteous acts are like filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6).
2. Sinners are hopelessly lost. The Bible says, “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23a). Obviously we all will die physically, but the message here is that the lost will experience eternal death and separation from God. Wages are what you earn for doing a job. The only payment you will receive for continuing to live a life of sin is eternal separation from God.
3. God has a plan for our good. The second part of Romans 6:23 says, “but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Also back in Romans 3:24 it says that we “are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” The Bible also says, “God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). So, while there is nothing good that we can do, Jesus gave His life on the cross, paying the penalty for our sin. Salvation and the forgiveness of our sin is “the gift of God” by faith in Jesus Christ, who did for us what none of us could do for ourselves!
4. We are saved by His grace through faith. The Bible says “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13). It also says, “That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised (Jesus) from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9). The Bible says it this way: “For it is my grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).
5. We can know for sure that we are saved. The Bible says, “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:13). God wants you to know that He loves you and has provided the perfect sacrifice in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and by trusting in Him, you can have complete assurance that you are saved and will spend eternity in heaven with Him!
If you have never turned away from your sin and put your faith in Jesus Christ, you can do that right now! Simply tell the Lord that you know that you are a sinner and that you need His forgiveness and salvation. Ask Him to forgive you and to become Lord of your life. Then, commit to following Him as His disciple, finding a church family where the Bible is preached, following Him in believer’s baptism and begin growing in your new faith.
If you would like to visit with someone about your decision or need further assistance, please know that you are welcome to call our office or send an email and we will gladly help any way we can!